The EBMCC is a simulated hearing of a trademark dispute. Teams prepare and analyse a fictive case and present their arguments both for the Complainant and the Respondent in front of a jury that consists of reputed experts. It is supported by the international law firm Baker McKenzie.
- Teams consisting of 2 – 4 law students, with the option of a 5th, are required.
- The aim is to enhance knowledge of trademark law and legal procedures as well as developing professional skills such as public speaking.
- Teams prepare written submissions for the Complainant and Respondent of a fictitious case (Trademark Law) written by the law firm Baker Mckenzie.
- The best 8 teams will be qualified to participate in the Oral Phase, which takes place in Backer McKenzie offices in Barcelona
- The EBMCC provides you with a unique chance to meet face to face top trademark law experts and recognised professionals.
- The competition is entirely held in English with the option of doing the writing phase in Catalan or Spanish.
- Participating in the EBMCC will approach you to a professional experience as a trademark lawyer. The qualified teams to participate in the oral phase will have the opportunity to attend an oratory workshop held by the Pompeu Fabra professor Josep Vicenç.
- This competition will open your doors to a future career in trade law. The Competition is sponsored by one of the world’s top law firms.
- The winner team will have the opportunity to take part in a training programme at Baker McKenzie Barcelona. The aim of this programme is to enhance the intern knowledge of the firm and guide the members of the team in their career goals.
- Both, the winner and the finalist team will receive a manual of international intellectual property edited by Baker McKenzie and their participation fees will be returned.